Monday, May 08, 2006

New addition to My Reef Aquarium Setup




I just got this Coral Beauty from my local supplier. My Reef Aquarium SetUp has been just florishing and I'm in the process of adding like I've said a few more Corals. I mostly have hardy corals and working on getting harder to keep corals etc.


I've said before I've had this Reef Aquarium SetUp three years and even though I started with an established Seeded base (50% water, 70% base rock, 100% sand and crushed coral) taken from my established samller Reef Aquarium SetUp in which I took apart. I've had some crazy cycles even though this is an established Reef System. First it went through a green algae, then bubble algae, then a red algae and then a purple algae. I went from 14 hour lighting cycle to 11 hour daylight/astinic with a lunar light strip at night. Keeping the bottom Refugium lit three hours after the main Show Reef Aquarium SetUp lighting timer shuts down.
Here is a picture of my Refugium:
This is a small 25 gallon Refugium.
It's not much but man has it really help out the show
Reef Aquarium ever since I've installed it.
Brought down my Nitrate levels to 0% and my
Phosphate levels Down to 0% also. This Refugium
together with my protien skimmer has done the
trick to my other algae problems.

I'll post soon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home